Who is this training for?
- Do you engage with women on temporary visas who have experienced family violence?
- Do you understand the impact of temporary visa status on a woman’s capacity to access services and support?
- Do you want to increase your understanding of the different temporary visa types?
- Do you want to increase your knowledge of referral pathways and support available for women on temporary visas?
What is this training about?
- Apply the principles of culturally responsive practice when engaging with clients/families from migrant and refugee backgrounds experiencing multiple systemic barriers and discrimination.
- Understand the importance of identifying the visa status of migrant and refugee women experiencing family violence.
- Discuss the impact of visa status on family violence for migrant and refugee women and their children.
- Identify different visa types, their conditions, obligations, eligibility for services and support.
- Understand referral pathways and support available for women on various temporary visa types, and where to seek this information.
How to request this training:
To enquire about this training or tailored options, please submit a training request form. Once you have submitted a training request, our Learning & Development team will review your request, please allow 10 working days for our team to get in contact with you.